Health Insurance Audit
The personal health insurance information provided by students is forwarded to an auditor each semester for verification of compliance with the University of Idaho Health Insurance Requirement.
TO REQUEST A COPY of the audit notes for your insurance record send an email to email@example.com. The email must be sent from your official Vandal email account and include your name and V number. Please note that audit details will not be given verbally to anyone other than the student. A written request is required for a copy of the auditor's notes.
IF YOU RECEIVED A NOTIFICATION OF SHIP ENROLLMENT DUE TO A VERIFICATION FAILURE:
- You must provide updated policy information or proof of coverage meeting the minimum requirements to cancel SHIP enrollment.
- The online Health Insurance Information Form in VandalWeb is not available after SHIP enrollment due to a verification failure. The printable Health Insurance Information Form is available under FORMS in the menu on the left.
- A Health Insurance Information Form with updated policy information must be completed within 10 days to request a re-audit for the current semester. You may also attach documentation of coverage from the insurer confirming coverage is active and meets the minimum requirements.
- Forms and documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from the student's official Vandal email address, faxed to 208-885-1002 or dropped off in the Student Health Building Room 129.
- SHIP cancellation and a credit for medical insurance to the student account will be processed IF the new policy passes a re-audit or documentation of coverage meeting the minimum requirements is provided.
Verification failure may be for one or more of the following reasons:
1. Policy was not effective on or before the first day of the semester OR on or before the first day of the calendar month following the first day of the semester.
2. Policy is no longer in effect (coverage terminated).
3. Coverage does not include benefits for emergency AND non-emergency services in the Moscow/Pullman area; OR area of program.
4. Coverage does not include benefits for mental health AND prescription services.
5. Auditor was unable to verify coverage due to incorrect or missing policy information.
6. Coverage does not include benefits for injuries while participating in intramural, club or NCAA intercollegiate sports programs (if participating).
7. International student—policy is not provided by their sponsoring government, is not active or does not included minimum required benefits.
IF YOU REMAIN ENROLLED IN SHIP coverage details and benefit information are available at www.uidaho.edu/SHIP.