UI Women Lead
Sign up starts at 9 a.m. on Sept. 10, 2019, in Idaho Commons 302. Only 14 spots available!
UI Women Lead addresses and challenges oppressive theories that women encounter as leaders and promotes a network of women leaders on campus. Women will walk away with enhanced confidence in their leadership capabilities and higher sense of purpose.
Dates of program: Sept. 24, Oct. 8, Oct. 22, and Oct. 29 (optional Climbing Night)
Event times: 5-7 p.m.
During UI Women Lead, participants will:
- Deconstruct and reconstruct the meaning of leader and leadership
- Explore how identities, power, and social location impact perceptions of leadership
- Build confidence and leadership efficacy and capacities
- Enhance self-awareness and authentic leadership-self
- Build connections with a variety of women leaders around campus
- Discuss and analyze the common challenges that women leaders face and devise strategies to overcome these challenges