Eating Disorder Awareness Week
Feb. 22 - 28
Through National Eating Disorder Awareness Week 2021, the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) and the University of Idaho aim to improve public understanding of eating disorders, their causes and treatments, and to empower everyone to reduce risk factors and join prevention efforts. Learn more at nationleatingdisorders.org
National Eating Disorders Awareness Week is a collaboration between Vandal Health Education, the Women's Center, and the Counseling and Testing Center. Events are geared toward raising awareness about eating disorders and provide resources to those in need. The mission of Eating Disorder Awareness Week is to reduce the stigma surrounding eating disorders, improve access to treatment, and provide factual information about eating disorders. Eating disorders are serious, life-threatening illnesses - not choices - and it's important to recognize the pressures, attitudes and behaviors that shape the disorder.
This year, we urge you talk about the pressures, attitudes and behaviors that shape body image and disordered eating with family, friends and your community. With 30 million Americans struggling with an eating disorder at some point in their lives, it's time to talk about eating disorders on our campus.
- Raises awareness that eating disorders are life-threatening illnesses, not lifestyle choices
- Provides accurate information to educational and medical communities
- Directs people to potentially life-saving information and resources about eating disorders
- Counseling & Testing Center (CTC) | The CTC staff of psychologists and supervised doctoral interns and graduate students offers students a wide range of free and confidential counseling services, resources and referrals. Schedule an appointment by calling 208-885-6716. The CTC is located in Mary E. Forney Hall Room 306. Get directions »
- Clinical Nutrition Counseling | Gritman Medical Center's registered dietitians provide nutrition counseling. Please check with your insurance company to find out if your plan covers medical nutrition therapy.
Tuesday, Feb. 23 | All Day | Admin lawn
"I love my body because..." - Come fill out a blank yard sign. Take a picture and tag @vandalhealthed on Instagram using #ILoveMyBodyNEDA
Wednesday, Feb. 24 | Noon - 12:20 p.m. | Zoom
Mindfulness Meditation Drop-in (meeting ID: 344 259 873)
Friday, Feb. 25 | 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. | Student Rec Center
Be Strong. Be Happy. Be Well. - Join the table! Come grab some treats.
Email Vandal Health Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.