Your first steps toward a career as a veterinarian.
This program is designed to prepare you for a future in veterinary health and fulfills the undergraduate academic requirements for admission into a doctor of veterinary medicine (D.V.M.) program.
As a pre-vet student, you will immerse yourself in the study of animal sciences, with courses in reproduction, nutrition, growth and health. With hands-on experiences in the on-campus labs and animal centers, you will learn to identify illnesses in animals and understand courses of treatment.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy biology and other sciences
- Like to work with animals
- Interested in medicine and the well-being of animals
- Are involved in 4-H or other agriculture-related activities
- Are a good problem solver
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Veterinarian (with additional education)
- Veterinary technician
- Research support scientist
- Animal keeper
- Sales representative
Biotechnology and Plant Genomics, B.S.
Human Development and Family Studies, B.S.