Request More Information
The confluence of biology, mathematics, statistics and computer science.
Drawing on expertise and resources from nine university departments, this program provides unique interdisciplinary training to prepare you to tackle the most cutting-edge problems in genetics, genomics, population biology, mathematical modeling, statistics and computer science.
Depending on your interests, you may focus your studies and research on biological sciences or computer sciences/mathematical science. Regardless of your specialization, the program provides a strong intellectual foundation in both areas. For example, biologists will learn the computational tools needed to conduct bioinformatic research, and mathematicians and computer scientists will gain a background in general biology and genetics.
The program features exciting research opportunities across disciplines, including collaborative projects in the Institute for Bioinformatics and Evolutionary Studies (IBEST).
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy solving complex puzzles
- Are inquisitive and a creative problem solver
- Are interested in biological systems
- Want to lead cutting-edge research
- Have strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Like working with computers
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Biomedical computer scientist
- Computational biologist
- Biomedical chemist
- Clinical data manager
- Molecular microbiologist
- Software/database programmer
- Medical writer/technical writer
- Research associate and research scientist
- Academic professor/researcher