Request More Information
Language, literature and the world.
Advanced literary studies challenge you to think and write critically about how words can reflect and shape the world.
Designed to prepare students to teach at a college or to pursue a doctorate, the program allows you to tailor your studies to best fit your career goals, whether they include teaching, writing, editing or other field. You will explore language; literature; composition; rhetoric; literary theory, history and criticism; and more.
Students in this program conduct independent scholarly research. The program offers a thesis option and a non-thesis option.
This program could be a good fit for you if you:
- Enjoy literature and the English language
- Want to teach at the college level
- Pursue a Ph.D.
- Are self-motivated
- Have the ability to work independently
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Teacher at a community or junior college
- A doctoral student
- Professional writer
- Business writer
- Environmental science or travel writer
- Public relations specialist
- Marketing and communications specialist
- Digital media specialist
Teaching English as a Second Language, M.A. (TESL)