Request More Information
The world’s language.
With more than a billion people worldwide learning to speak English, educators with the special training to teach the language are in high demand — both in the United States and abroad.
As the only graduate program of its kind in the state of Idaho, this program prepares you for professional opportunities teaching English as a second language (ESL) at the post-secondary level. You will study theory and the practical application of linguistics and learn teaching methods and classroom strategies through hands-on teaching experiences.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Want to teach English as a second language
- Are interested in international career opportunities
- Enjoy working with diverse groups of people
- Like to travel and learn about other cultures
- Are an analytical thinker
- Have strong language and communication skills
- Work well independently
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Teacher of English as a second language in the U.S.
- Teacher of English as a second language in a foreign country
- Student services professional
- Education administrator
Psychology: Human Factors Emphasis, M.S.