Culture, history and global importance.
Latin America plays an increasingly important role in today’s economic and political landscape. In this program, you will build an awareness of non-Western cultures and an understanding of the history, social issues, politics and economics of Latin American countries.
The program blends the study of several subject areas, including anthropology, history, Spanish, the arts and economics. You will develop a strong cultural perspective and the language skills for careers in international business, diplomatic service, foreign policy, teaching and other fields.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Are interested in Latin America
- Enjoy history and learning about other cultures
- Like to travel
- Want a career that takes you abroad
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Business professional
- Employee at a government agency or nongovernmental organization (NGO)
- Political scientist
- Human rights professional
- Film critic
- Outreach coordinator
- Nonprofit director
Broadcasting & Digital Media, B.A./B.S.