Request More Information
At the intersection of biology and math.
Advances in medicine, biotechnology and genetics research have created an avalanche of biological information. Now, more than ever, biological researchers rely on mathematicians to manipulate, analyze and interpret this complex quantitative data.
In this option, you will learn to create and apply advanced mathematical models that biological scientists need to design experiments and understand and quantify findings. Courses provide cross-training in mathematics and biology. Study statistics, mathematical modeling, computers, genetics, evolution and other related subjects.
Graduates with this degree have the background and interdisciplinary skills for careers in technical industries and to pursue graduate degrees in biomathematics, biostatistics and bioinformatics.
This degree could be a good fit if you:
- Are fascinated by the way natural systems work
- Enjoy deciphering patterns in nature
- Love the study of biology, but also like to think quantitatively
- Enjoy working with technology and computers
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Medical research scientist
- Data analyst for a biotech company
- Genetics research scientist
- Computer modeling for ecosystem management
Pre-Medical Laboratory Scientist, Focus