Request More Information
Exercise to improve body, mind and quality of life.
As we work to become a healthier, more active society, the demand for health and fitness professionals will continue to grow in health organizations, fitness centers, corporations, community recreation programs, and other wellness settings.
This program focuses on the effects of exercise on physical and mental health. You will examine topics in exercise physiology, sport psychology, physical activity, health and disease. Through practical experiences, students learn to apply this knowledge to help people manage weight, promote heart and lung health, improve athletic performance, prevent and fight disease, and much more.
You may also have opportunities to conduct research in the Exercise Physiology Lab and the Biomechanics Lab, where you could study metabolic rates, body composition, cardiac health, body mechanics, motor skills and other related areas.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Have a background in health, physical education, recreation, exercise science or other related field
- Lead an active lifestyle
- Enjoy helping others
- Want to conduct research in the field
- Are strong in the sciences
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Exercise physiologist
- Cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation specialist
- Fitness specialist
- Personal trainer
- Fitness director
- Health fitness professional
- Community health coordinator
- Health educator
- Community fitness coordinator
- Group exercise coordinator
- Director of worksite or corporate wellness
- Athletic trainer
- Athletic coach
- Research and design specialist
- Strength and conditioning coach