Request More Information
Promoting healthier lifestyles.
How can we improve physical activity in our society through education?
This program focuses on answering that question. You will examine issues related to inactivity and health, and you will learn to address those issues by changing people’s behaviors through education, health promotion and other wellness programs.
Students in this program have opportunities to work alongside nationally recognized faculty to improve the health of our society through research and community engagement.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Have a background in health, physical education, recreation, exercise science or other related field
- Lead an active lifestyle
- Enjoy helping others
- Want to conduct research in the field
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Recreation director for cities and communities
- Director of campus recreation
- Commercial recreation outfitter and guide
- Special event coordinator
- Parks interpreter and guide
- Tourism operator
- Supervisor of sports programs/leagues
- Aquatics director
- Health educator
- Activity director for cruise ships or resorts
- Administrator of after-school programs
- Activity director for a senior center
- Business owner
Adult Organizational Learning & Leadership, M.S.
Physical Education & Physical Activity Pedagogy, M.Ed.