The nation’s second language.
As one of the most widely spoken native language around the world, Spanish plays an important role in the global economy and in United States society.
In this program, you will learn to fluently speak, read and write the Spanish language, with courses in conversation, grammar, reading comprehension, and Latin culture and literature. You also have study abroad opportunities to spend a semester or longer immersed in the Latin culture and Spanish language.
Most students in this program are double majors, combining a Spanish degree with another interest, such as international studies or history.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Like to learn about the Spanish culture
- Interested in international travel
- Want to work internationally
- Are a good listener and communicator
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Bilingual educator
- Customs/immigration officer
- Foreign service officer
- International trade specialist
- International sales manager
- Travel writer
- Tourism director
- Intelligence officer
- Museum coordinator
Public Relations, B.A./B.S.