Administrative and Business Operations
Our mission is to provide stewardship of multi-use facilities, administration of conferences, events and activities, business services and solutions while implementing a culture of safety benefiting the education of students, recruitment of faculty, staff and students and continued enrollment efforts.
Our vision is to continuously improve higher-education administration and operations supporting the enrollment, teaching, learning, research and outreach goals of the University through:
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for our actions and those of our staff members
- Continuous Improvement and Benchmarking: Being inventors of dreams, accepting no traditional boundaries and assessing the importance and worth of our services
- Safety: Creating a culture of safety and well-being
- Diversity: Celebrating the uniqueness of each individual in our Vandal Family and community
Commitment to Excellence
Administrative and Building Operations’ diverse units share a commitment to key areas that form the foundation of our operational approach and interactions:
- Attention to Detail: giving the time and care needed to our customers and colleagues
- Commitment and Customer Service: Transforming possibilities into realities
- Communication: Dealing with colleagues and coworkers in a sincere and straight-forward manner
- Consistency: Acting in a professional manner through our words and actions
We serve the University of Idaho and Moscow Community by:
- Providing one-stop-shop support functions to enhance public delivery of scholarly and creative work with excellent facilities and support services to students and faculty presenting research and collaborating across disciplines.
- Engaging students to enhance professional experience through employment in facilities and events operations.
- Providing transformative opportunities by administering conferences and hosting events that provide educational experiences outside of the classroom.
- Cultivating a positive University of Idaho community with facilities that serve as gathering spaces for students, faculty staff and the community at large to promote a strong sense of community and shared values.