Lifeguard Instructor Training Course
This course prepares instructor candidates to teach basic level Lifeguarding, Lifeguard Management, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, Administering Emergency Oxygen, Bloodborne Pathogens Training: Preventing Disease Transmission, and Basic Water Rescue courses.
- March 21 – 27, 2021.
- 5 to 10 p.m.—Monday through Friday.
- 12 to 5 p.m.—Saturday and Sunday.
- Cost: $300/participant.
- Must be 17 years of age by the last day of class.
- Must attend all class dates.
- Must hold current American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid and CPR/AED certification.
- Must successfully complete the pre-course session—this includes passing the pre-course written exam with a score of 80 percent or higher for each of the three sections and demonstrating competency in the pre-course skills and scenarios evaluation.
Sorry, no exceptions or refunds due to failure to complete prerequisites.
Minimum Class Size
A minimum of 6 participants is required to conduct a class.
Class Refund and Cancellation Policy
Private Lessons must be canceled with 24 hours notice. Private lesson cancellations will not qualify for a refund or reschedule date when canceled with less than 24 hours notice. Refunds are subject to a $5 administration charge for all refunded private lessons.
Group lessons and Lifeguard Re-certification classes are subject to a $25 refund administration charge if patron cancels or chooses not to participate within 48 hours of the start of the first day of lessons.
Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor classes are subject to a $50 refund administration charge if patron cancels or chooses not to participate within 48 hours of the start of the first day of class.
The University of Idaho Swim Center also reserves the right to cancel a class due to low enrollment or lack of instructor. Participants of the Swim Center canceled classes will be refunded the full amount of their payment.