General Storage & Housekeeping
One of the primary causes of workplace fires is haphazard storage and poor housekeeping practices. Combustible materials should never be stored or used in close proximity to ignition sources, and should never be placed in exit paths or corridors.
- be on secure and sound shelving or in separate storage rooms.
- never be stacked within two feet of ceilings.
- never obstruct fire sprinklers – must be at least 18” away.
- not be placed in exit corridors or exit enclosures.
- not be placed in boiler rooms, mechanical rooms or electrical equipment rooms.
- not be placed in attics, in under floor spaces, or in concealed spaces unless such areas are protected by one (1) hour fire resistive construction or fire sprinkler system.
All work spaces should be kept orderly and free from excessive combustible waste materials.
- Fire Extinguisher Hands-On Training
- Fire Extinguisher Use
- Fire Safety - Flammable Liquids
- Fire Safety - General
- Fire Safety in the Workplace
- Welding, Cutting and Brazing Safety
For more information
Fire Safety Specialist