The Athena mentoring program is a new initiative to promote the professional growth of women working at the University of Idaho. U of I faculty and staff who are Athena members are eligible to apply to be mentors and mentees. Athena recognizes the importance of the entire University of Idaho community in the promotion of women.
Athena membership is required for the program. Membership dues are only $20 for the year.
The Athena Mentorship Program runs on a calendar year schedule:
- January: Orientation for mentors and mentees.
- January-May and September-November: Each month includes
- Monthly whole-group gathering,
- Individual mentorship partner meetups, and
- Mentee group/mentor group coffee chats.
- December: Celebration of program completion.
- Cohort applications are due early fall.
- Cohort acceptance letters are sent out late fall.
Please email any questions to the Athena Mentorship Program Facilitators: