Athena Student Excellence Award
The Athena Student Excellence Award aims to support and recognize students at the University of Idaho. The selection is particularly interested in recognizing diverse and underrepresented individuals. Through this award, Athena also intends to recognize and develop individuals who promote access, inclusion and advancement of women through their course of study or co-curricular activities.
- Any current University of Idaho degree-seeking student is eligible for nomination.
Submit a Nomination
- A submission link will be available when nomination season is open each Spring.
- Nominations for award recipients are sought from the U of I community and completed using an online form.
- Self-nomination: Self-nominees must submit a narrative (500 words maximum) demonstrating how they meet or exceed the award criteria and submit a letter of recommendation from a U of I faculty or staff member.
- Nomination from a U of I Faculty or Staff Member: U of I faculty or staff may nominate a student for the award. They must submit a narrative (500 words maximum) demonstrating how the nominee meets or exceeds the award criteria. They must also submit a letter of recommendation from the same or another U of I faculty or staff member.
- In the narrative, the nominating individual must demonstrate how the nominee’s educational and/or career goals align with Athena’s mission of:
- commitment to promoting access, inclusion, and advancement of women through their course of study and/or co-curricular activities;
- efforts to advance women personally, professionally, and/or academically; and
- other exceptional qualifications of service in gender equality.
- The nominating individual is encouraged to explain how this award could help further the nominee’s efforts.
- The award amount will be distributed by the U of I Foundation.
- The award will be given out at the Athena Woman of the Year ceremony.