University of Idaho TaskStream Support
The following information will provide you answers to frequently asked questions related to TaskStream at the University of Idaho. General guidelines to remember:
- Your first point of support is this webpage.
- If you are unable to find answers to your questions on this web page, look through your current course syllabi and contact your course instructor for questions related to TaskStream lesson and unit plans, signature assignments or TaskStream rubrics and scored evaluations.
- If this web page your syllabi and your course instructor are not able to answer your questions, please reach out to the University of Idaho TaskStream Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to keycode purchasing issues from the VandalStore, account access and activation errors or technical difficulties with TaskStream.
TaskStream is a web-based e-portfolio system that the University of Idaho uses to collect information on your academic progress in the Teacher Education Program as it relates to various state and national standards. You will use a Direct Response Folio (DRF) to upload artifacts and submit Signature Assignments in various courses. Coursework is graded and your scores are available in TaskStream. The Teacher Education Program then uses that data in program improvement, accreditation and to monitor your progress throughout your preparation as an educator.
TaskStream provides you with web-based productivity tools that can assist with developing your own showcase web-based folio for job seeking and sharing with others who have an interest in your academic and professional development. It also provides you with templates for lesson and unit planning, a rubric wizard for assessing your students’ work and a mylibrary and cybrary where you can save your lesson and unit plans and share and copy (with appropriate citation) other users’ lessons and unit plans from around the world. You also are provided with 500Mb of upload space where you can safely keep your work and even a video of your teaching episodes. These are only a few of the benefits to you, as the biggest limitation on your use of this system will be your imagination and technological capabilities.
TaskStream is used in two keyways at the University of Idaho:
- First and foremost, this system provides a mechanism to support you in the submission, organization and preservation of assignments, evidence and reflections associated with your preparation as a future educator. The University of Idaho uses this data to help improve the Education Preparation Program (EPP) by looking at structured data that you submit, that are aligned to state and national standards including the Idaho Professional Standards Commission (PSC) and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- This system is also used by the Teacher Education Program to collect evidence that is aligned to state and national standards for education preparation. The University of Idaho EPP utilizes this system to ensure that the evidence you submit demonstrates that your teacher education program is rigorous, comprehensive and preparing you to make a positive impact on your current and future students learning.
Blackboard is specifically designed by individual instructors to deliver content and manage assignments. TaskStream is used to assist you with the organization and dissemination of materials associated with competencies and standards related to your Teacher Education Program and specific content endorsement area(s).
At this time, you may be required to upload assignments to both Blackboard and TaskStream. The University of Idaho is currently working to integrate both systems. More information about this integration will be posted as it becomes available
As part of the University of Idaho’s, College of Education, Health and Human Sciences, state and national accreditation process, the Teacher Education Program requires the purchase and use of TaskStream. TaskStream is a web-based system used to capture and connect University data while supporting student success, with a holistic view of student performance and progress toward core requirements. Please follow the directions below to utilize your TaskStream account:
- How to Purchase a TaskStream Keycode
- Go to https://www.vandalstore.com/home
- Find the “Textbooks and Supplies” tab on the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- In that drop-down menu select “Student Textbooks”.
- At the bottom of that page select “Show me my books”.
- Here you will be able to search for your courses by term, department, and course-section-instructor.
- Once you enter this information, select “View Your Materials”.
- Select the One-Year, TaskStream Keycode ($66.65) for purchase from your courses list of required textbooks and “Add to Cart”. You will then need to select “Continue to Checkout” and complete this purchase.
- This single keycode will allow you access to ALL TaskStream courses you are enrolled in for 365 days, from your date of purchase. There is NO need to purchase multiple keycodes for multiple courses. This keycode purchase may need to be renewed after your one-year subscription expires, during your enrollment in the program.
- As this TaskStream keycode is billed as a “Required Textbook Fee”, Financial Aid can be used during purchasing. This keycode is specific to you and cannot be shared between classmates.
- If this process charges you for shipping, email your confirmation receipt to email@example.com and ask for this shipping fee to be refunded and to receive your keycode via email.
- Go to https://login.taskstream.com/signon
- Select “Create/Renew Account”
- If you have had a TaskStream account in the past:
- Select “Renew my TaskStream subscription” and enter your TaskStream Keycode, purchased from the VandalStore.
- Review and confirm your account information. Select “Edit” if there is any information to be updated or “Continue” if all information is correct. Please ensure you are registered with your full University of Idaho, Vandals email address as your contact Email and Username.
- You will then be taken to the TaskStream login page, enter your full University of Idaho, Vandals Email address as your username and the password you have just confirmed.
- Save your login credentials for all future logins.
- If you are new to TaskStream:
- Select “Create a new TaskStream subscription” and enter your TaskStream Keycode, purchased from the VandalStore.
- Register your account information, use your full University of Idaho, Vandals email address as your contact Email and Username.
- Confirm your account information, select “Edit” if there is information to be updated or “Continue” if all information is correct.
- You will then be taken to the login page, enter your full University of Idaho, Vandals Email address as your username and the password you have just confirmed.
- Save your login credentials for all future logins.
- If you have had a TaskStream account in the past:
- Once logged into your TaskStream account, you will need to self-enroll in your courses.
- All self-enrollment codes can be found in the following tab “Self-Enrollment Codes for Each of Your Current TaskStream Courses”
- This Self-enrollment code can then be entered into the “Enter Code” section of the TaskStream Welcome screen.
- After you have self-enrolled in your courses, you will be able to submit work to TaskStream. This Quick Guide for Authors will provide you the step-by-step directions you need to navigating through TaskStream and submitting your signature assignments.
Ensure you followed all steps listed in the tab “TaskStream Keycode Purchasing for Login”.
Once signed into TaskStream, the main welcome page will display an area to self-enroll in courses. Self-Enrollment codes are NOT the same as your purchased Keycode. Self-enrollment codes give your TaskStream account access to all of your current University of Idaho enrolled courses. These codes are program and term specific and group together multiple courses, be sure to self-enroll for ALL your current semester TaskStream courses in each term.
Your current semester, course syllabi should have more information pertaining to which self-enrollment code(s) you need to use. You can look-up your self-enrollment code (by course) in the table below. *Please note that DAT students should use the code that includes the year of expected graduation.
|Course||Self-Enrollment Code||Course||Self-Enrollment Code|
|EDCI 511||CIMasters||EDCI 201||EDCORE|
|EDCI 513||EDCI 301|
|EDCI 524||EDCI 302|
|EDCI 563||EDCI 401|
|EDCI 570||EDCI 410|
|EDCI 572||EDSP 300|
|EDCI 599||webfolio||EDSP 325||SPED|
|EDSP 599||EDSP599Defense||EDSP 423|
|AT 607||EDSP 430|
|AT 610||EDSP 448|
|AT 611||EDSP 520|
|AT 620||EDSP 530|
|AT 621||EDSP 540|
|AT 622||EDSP 548|
|AT 623||EDSP 549|
|AT 625||DAN 360||Elementary|
|AT 630||EDCI 320|
|AT 631||EDCI 321|
|AT 632||EDCI 322|
|AT 633||EDCI 325|
|AT 634||EDCI 327|
|AT 635||EDCI 328|
|AT 640||EDCI 329|
|AT 641||EDCI 408|
|AT 642||EDCI 409|
|AT 643||EDCI 466|
|InSpIRE 2017 Cohort||Inspire2017-2019||EDCI 431||Secondary|
|InSpIRE 2018 Cohort||InSpire2018||EDCI 433|
|UI TPA||UITPA||EDCI 436|
|EDSP 597||SpEdTPA||EDCI 441|
|MUST 382||Music||EDCI 443|
|MUST 383||EDCI 446|
|MUST 385||EDCI 447|
|MUST 386||EDCI 448|
|MUST 445||EDCI 449|
|MVSC 201||PETE||EDCI 463|
|MVSC 486||EDCI 548|
|MVSC 586||EDCI 549|
|PEP 412||CTE 351||CTE|
|PEP 413||CTE 410|
|PEP 421||CTE 413|
|PEP 424||CTE 415|
|PEP 484||CTE 416|
|H&S 423||CTE 418|
|H&S 523||CTE 419|
|H&S 450||CTE 420|
|H&S 490||CTE 426|
|EDAD 509||EDAD||CTE 431|
|EDAD 513||CTE 439|
|EDAD 528||CTE 447|
|EDAD 530||CTE 449|
|EDAD 533||CTE 460|
|EDAD 534||CTE 462|
|EDAD 535||CTE 464|
|EDAD 570||CTE 470|
|EDAD 571||CTE 472|
|EDAD 580||CTE 481|
|EDAD 584||CTE 484|
|EDAD 586||CTE 492|
|EDAD 587||CTE 494|
|EDAD 592||CTE 495|
|EDAD 593||CTE 498|
|EDAD 594||CTE 499|
|EDAD 595||CTE 500|
|EDAD 598||CTE 501|
|FCS 210||FACS||CTE 503|
|FCS 480||CTE 504|
Ensure you followed all the previous steps listed in the tabs for “TaskStream Keycode Purchasing for Login” and “Self-Enrollment Codes for each of your Current TaskStream Courses”.
Once logged in and self-enrolled in all of your current semester TaskStream courses, you are ready to submit your signature assignments for this term. Please follow the directions below to upload your artifacts and submit Signature Assignments to your TaskStream account:
- Find and select your desired TaskStream DRF Program, then locate your class in the course list, located on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Select the Signature Assignment desired, under your course and read through any descriptions, directions and/or grading rubrics available for that Signature Assignment.
- When your Signature Assignment is complete, upload your completed documents (artifacts) via the “Add” options along the top of your screen.
- Select the submit button, in the upper right-hand side of your screen, to turn in the Signature Assignment to your instructor.
- NOTE: You will need to select your instructor’s name to identify who will evaluate your TaskStream Signature Assignment. In some cases, this will be a teaching assistant, please verify with your instructor who you should submit your TaskStream Signature Assignment to.
- NOTE: In some cases, your instructor will return to you your Signature Assignment submission for revisions. If this occurs, simple read through your instructor’s notes, make your desired edits and resubmit your Signature Assignment for final evaluation.