B.S. Civil Engineering
Building Modern Society
The work of civil engineers plays an important role in how we live, work, travel and play. In this program, you will learn to plan, design and manage all types of civil engineering systems and processes and how to apply your skills to develop sound infrastructure and create solutions that will contribute to solving some of the planet’s most pressing problems, including restoring and improving urban infrastructure and providing access to clean water to everyone in the world.
- Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Hydraulics and Ecohydrolics
- Hydrology and Water Resource Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Pavements and Construction Materials
- Personalized Attention – Interact directly with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early-Career Salary – Graduate with the highest early-career salary of any 4-year public college in Idaho. You’re also more likely to graduate in 4-years. – PayScale 2019
- More than $25M in Scholarships – U of I awards more scholarships than any 4-year public college in Idaho. – Oct. 26, 2018 News Release
- 98% Graduate With a Job or are enrolled in additional education. – 2016-2018 Career Services Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed – ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through a client sponsored team-based senior design project and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.
- National Institute for Advanced Transportation Technology – Conduct research with faculty in one of the region’s leading transportation institutes, reducing the environmental impacts of transportation-related operations and improving the durability and sustainability of the nation’s transportation infrastructure.
The Civil and Environmental Engineering undergraduate degree program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.