M.S. Geological Engineering
Integrity in Infrastructure
Combine geology and engineering as a geological engineer and assist in the design and construction of civil engineering projects, the evaluation of geologic hazards and the development of natural energy resources to help ensure that the infrastructure that makes our nation function stands firm.
- Personalized Attention – Interact directly with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early- and Mid-Career Salary – Graduate with the highest early-career salary of any 4-year public college in Idaho. You’re also more likely to graduate in 4-years. – PayScale 2019
- 98% Graduate With a Job or are enrolled in additional education. – 2016-2018 Career Services Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed - ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through paid graduate assistantships and programs, including Idaho Space Grant Consortium Fellowships, mentor-directed, career-related programs that contributes to NASA’s mission of exploration and discovery.
- National Institute for Advanced Transportation Technology – Conduct research with faculty in one of the region’s leading transportation institutes, reducing the environmental impacts of transportation-related operations and improving the durability and sustainability of the nation’s transportation infrastructure.