Michael Lowry, Ph.D., P.E.
Michael (Mike) Lowry, Ph.D., P.E.
Associate Professor, Interim NIATT Director
- Ph.D., University of Washington, 2008
- M.S., Brigham Young University, 2004
- B.S., Brigham Young University, 2002
- Transportation public investment decision-making
- Planning for pedestrians and bicyclists
- Assessing the influence of the built environment on travel demand models
- Enhancing education in STEM fields
Michael Lowry is an associate professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of Idaho and an affiliate researcher for the National Institute for Advanced Transportation Technology, a Tier 1 transportation research center. His research focuses on capital investment decision-making and transportation planning for bicyclists and pedestrians. Lowry teaches courses related to geographic information systems, transportation safety, statistics, and economic analysis. He received his doctorate in civil and environmental engineering from the University of Washington and bachelor's and master's from Brigham Young University.
- Member of the Transportation Research Board’s Committee on Bicycle Transportation
- Member of the Transportation Research Board’s Committee on Programming and Investment Decision-Making
- Member of the Board of Directors for SMART Transit