M.Engr. Chemical Engineering
Advancing Energy Efficiency
Discover the versatility of chemical engineering and learn the research methods and investigative procedures that are required for your future career in industrial or research environments. Work alongside faculty members with diverse expertise and learn in state-of-the-art facilities and laboratory equipment like the atomic force microscope (AFM) system.
Areas of Emphasis
- Nuclear materials, fuels, and systems
- Energy storage and conversion materials and systems
- Process control, neural networks, and autonomous vehicles
- Biochemical/biomedical materials, devices, and processes
- Biomaterials-tissue/cell engineering
- Environmental bioremediation
- Colloids, interfaces and complex systems
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- Highest Salary Earnings for mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- $2.6 Million in DOE Nuclear Funding - Awarded from the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Nuclear Energy University Program (NEUP) for projects aimed at making nuclear reactors safer and capable of producing synthetic fuels and other beneficial byproducts. Partners include the Idaho National Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, and the Missouri University of Science and Technology.
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.