Wudneh "Woody" Admassu, Ph.D.
Wudneh "Woody" Admassu, Ph.D.
Chemical & Materials Engineering
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive, MS 1021
Moscow, ID 83844-1021
- Ph. D., Chemical Engineering, 1984, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, 1980, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, 1979, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- Engr 210 Mechanics of Material
- Engr 220 Dynamics of Material
- Engr 335 Fluid Mechanics
- Engr 321 Thermodynamics
- Engr 335 Engineering Fluid Mechanics
- ChE 110 Introduction to ChE
- ChE 223 Material and Energy Balance
- ChE 404 Environmental Modeling and Design
- ChE 340 Transport and Rate Proc.I
- ChE 341 Transport and Rate Proc II 4 cr
- ChE 451/452 Environmental Management and Design
- ChE 454 ChE. Process Analysis and Design
- ChE 491 Senior Seminar
- ChE 499 Design Projects
- ChE 501 Graduate Seminar
- ChE 502 Modeling in Electrolysis Process
- ChE 515 Transport Phenomena
- Bioremediation Process Modeling
- Gas Separation Membranes
- Electrodialysis Membrane Separation
- Hollow Fiber Bioreactors
- Transport and Kinetics of Heavy Metal
- Halogenated Hydrocarbon
- Low-Level Radio-Nuclides Removal From Contaminated Water and Soils
- Wudneh Admassu, and Roger Korus, “Bioremediation: Principles and Applications,” Cambridge University Press, Crawford and Crawford Editors (1996).
- W. Admassu, R.A. Korus, and R. Heimsch, , “Growth of Saccharomycopsis fibuligera in Continuous Stirred Tank Fermentor,” Biotechnology Bioengineering, 23:2361-2371 (1981).
- W. Admassu, R.A. Korus, and R. Heimsch, “Two Stage Continuous Fermentation of Saccharomycopsis fibuligera and Candida utilis,” Biotechnology Bioengineering, 25:2641-2651 (1983).
- W. Admassu and R. A. Korus, “Ethanol Fermentation in a Continuous Tower Fermentor,” Biotechnology Bioengineering, 26:742-747 (1984).
- Malone Steverson, Roger Korus, Wudneh Admassu and Richard Heimsch, “Kinetics of the Amylase System of Saccharomycopsis fibuligera,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 6:549-554 (1984).
- Wudneh Admassu, and Roger Korus, “Ethanol Fermentation with Flocculating Yeast,” The Chemical Engineering Journal, 31:B1-B8 (1985).
- Wudneh Admassu, and Roger Korus, and Richard Heimsch “Continuous Fermentation of Saccharomycopsis fibuligera and Candida utili,” Biotechnology Bioengineering, 26:1511-1523 (1984).
- Sarma Kovvali, and Wudneh Admassu, “Modeling of Multicomponent Countercurrent Gas Permeators,” Indus. Eng. Chem. Res., 33:896-903 (1994).
- T.A. Lewis, S. Goszczynski, R.L. Crawford, R.A. Korus, and W. Admassu, “Products of Anaerobic 2,4,6-Trinitrotoluene (TNT) Transformation by Clostridium bifermentans,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Vol. 62, No. 12, 4669-4674, (1996).
- A. Sethuraman, W. Admassu, R. Korus, and R.L. Crawford, “Growth Kinetics of Clostridium bifermentans and its Ability to Degrade TNT using an Inexpensive Media,” Bioremediation Journal, 2: 17-28, (1998).
- A. Gupta, W. Admassu, R.L. Crawford “Kinetic Characterization of Phanerochaete chrysosporium for Growth In Low Cost Medium And Degradation of Azo Dye #1,” Advances in Environmental Research, 2: 397-408 (1999).
- T.W. Breese and W. Admassu, “Feasibility of using Natural Fishbone Apatite as a Substitute for Hydroxyapatite in Remediating Aqueous Heavy Metals,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, B69, pp 187-196, 1999.
- T.W. Breese, and W. Admassu, “Feasibility of Culturing C2C12 Mouse Myoblast on Glass Microcarriers,” Bioprocess Engineering, 20: 463-468, (1999).
- Zhiqiang Yu and Wudneh Admassu,“ Modeling of Electrodialysis of Metal Ion Removal from Paper and Pulp Mill Process Stream,” Chemical Engineering Journal, 55: 4629-4641, (2000).
- Bryan Periera, and Wudneh Admassu, “Effects of Chemical Impurities on Gas Separation Membrane Part I: Polycarbonate and Polysulfone,” Separation Science and Technology, 36: 177-197, (2000).
- Bryan Periera, and Wudneh Admassu, “Effects of Chemical Impurities on Gas Separation Membrane Part II: PC-1, and PC-II,” Separation Science and Technology, 36: 417-440, (2000).
- Bryan Periera, and Wudneh Admassu, “Effects of Chemical Impurities on Gas Permeation and Diffusion in Polymeric Membranes,” Separation Science and Technology, 36: 3121-3140, (2000).
- Zhiqiang Yu and Wudneh Admassu, “Critical Change in Apparent Conductance and Ion Exchange limit in Membrane Electrodialysis”, accepted for publication in Separation Science And Technology, October 2002.
- Zhiqiang Yu and Wudneh Admassu, “Critical Change in Apparent Conductance and Ion Exchange limit in Membrane Electrodialysis,” Separation Science And Technology, 38:1561-1583, (2003).
- Ann M. Hardin and Wudneh Admassu, “Kinetics of Heavy Metals Uptake by Vegetation Immobilized in a Polysulfone and Polycarbonate Polymeric Matrix”. Journal of Hazardous Material: B126:40-53, (2005).
- Kyle R Johnson and Wudneh Admassu, “Mixed algae cultures for low cost environmental compensation in cultures grown for lipid production and wastewater remediation”. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology Nov 14, 2012
- Process for drying water wet polycarbonate membrane, July 4, 1989, U.S. Patent # 4,843,733
- Process for treating a liquid wet polycarbonate membrane, February 13, 1990, U.S. Patent# 4,900,334
- Semi-permeable hollow fiber gas separation membranes processing with a non-external discriminating region, September 11, 1990, U.S. Patent # 4,955,993
- Polycarbonate gas separation membranes containing substituted benzene and processes for making and using the same, September 25, 1990, U.S. Patent # 4,959,993
- Alumni Award for Faculty Excellence, University of Idaho, 1993, 1994, 1995(2), 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002(2), 2003 (2), 2004, 2008 (2), 2012(2), 2017
- College of Engineering Outstanding Young Faculty, 1994
- College of Engineering Outstanding Faculty, 2001
- College of Engineering Outstanding Educator Award, 2008
- Navy’s Excellence in Teaching Award, 2002
- 2011 Silver and Goldspys award from the UI athletic Dept