B.S. Chemical Engineering
Transforming Materials into Products
Chemical engineers play a crucial role in the production of products that are efficient, high-quality, environmentally safe and improve society. In this program, you will study and analyze the fundamentals of industrial chemical processes that transform raw materials into useful products. The program offers opportunities to design and conduct experiments using modern lab equipment for chemical spectroscopy and separations, surface science and analysis, and more.
- Medicine and Pharmaceuticals
- Polymers and Plastics
- Food and Chemical Processing
- Pulp and Paper
- Top 7 in the Nation – Hands-on experience through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program, recognized by the National Academy of Engineering for "infusing real-world experiences into engineering education."
- Personalized Attention – Interact directly with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early-Career Salary – Graduate with the highest early-career salary of any 4-year public college in Idaho. You’re also more likely to graduate in 4-years.
- More than $25M in Scholarships – U of I awards more scholarships than any 4-year public college in Idaho.
- 98% Graduate With a Job or are enrolled in additional education – 2016-2018 Career Services Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed – ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.
- International Competition Teams – Chemical engineering student teams frequently place top three in international design competitions.
The Chemical Engineering undergraduate degree program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.