M.Engr. Chemical Engineering
Advancing Energy Efficiency
Discover the versatility of chemical engineering and learn the research methods and investigative procedures that are required for your future career in industrial or research environments. Work alongside faculty members with diverse expertise and learn in state-of-the-art facilities and laboratory equipment like the atomic force microscope (AFM) system.
Areas of expertise include chemical reaction engineering; simulation, optimization and process design especially for the pulp and paper and food applications; hazardous waste characterization and bioremediation; membrane, nano-science, fluid mechanics, biochemical engineering; and mass transfer research.
- Personalized Attention with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early- and Mid-Career Salary of any 4-year public institution in Idaho. – PayScale 2019
- 98% Graduate With a Job or are enrolled in additional education - 2016-2018 Career Services Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed - ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through paid graduate assistantships and programs, including Idaho Space Grant Consortium Fellowships, mentor-directed, career-related programs that contributes to NASA’s mission of exploration and discovery.
- International Competition Teams - Chemical engineering student teams frequently place top three in international design competitions.