Ph.D. Materials Science & Engineering
Advanced Materials Science
Gain the advanced knowledge you need to address some of today’s most complicated industry problems in materials science and engineering. This program offers a mix of theoretical study and practical experiments in a variety of areas and allows you to contribute to current research with faculty of diverse expertise.
- Personalized Attention From Highly-Skilled Faculty – Work directly with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. Most of our faculty hold Ph.ds in their field.
- Highest Early- and Mid-Career Salary – Graduate with the highest early- and mid-career salary of any 4-year public institution in Idaho.
- More Scholarships – U of I Awards more than $25 million in scholarships each year, more than any other Idaho public college.
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed - ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through paid graduate assistantships and programs, including Idaho Space Grant Consortium Fellowships, mentor-directed, career-related programs that contributes to NASA’s mission of exploration and discovery.
- International Competition Teams - Materials science and engineering student teams frequently place top three in international design competitions.