B.S. Computer Science
Get Inside Computers
This program prepares you to design, develop and test computing systems for a variety of purposes. Become proficient in various operating systems, programming languages and techniques and computer architecture with many opportunities to practice your skills on real-world projects. Students may specialize in the area that best supports their interests and goals.
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Cybersecurity and Computer Architecture
- Automated Analysis and Reconfigurable Computing
- Fault-Tolerant Systems
- Resilient and Survivable Systems
- Evolutionary Computation and Biological Modeling
- Collaborative Virtual Environments
- Large Scale Data Management
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked for the second year in a row by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- Top 7 in the Nation for “infusing real-world experiences into engineering education” through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program – National Academy of Engineering
- CyberCorps®: Scholarship for Service (SFS) – Administered through U of I’s Center for Secure and Dependable Systems, the SFS program provides tuition stipends through the National Science Foundation of up to $25,000 for to train undergraduates for cybersecurity jobs at federal, state, local and tribal agencies.
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- 90% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – First Destination Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- More Scholarships Awarded than any 4-year public engineering college in Idaho. – 2020/21 Financial Aid Data
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.
Design, Build, Celebrate
U of I cross-college and campus collaboration brings 150 LED triangles to Vandal Marching Band’s 100th anniversary halftime performance.