M.S. Computer Science
Problem Solving for Computers
Whether you want to work at a technical company or build a career in academia, this program prepares you to contribute to the field of computer science in new and novel ways. Gain in-depth understanding of limitations and opportunities of computers in problem solving and explore high-level concepts in computational biology, network security and more.
- Nationally Recognized Faculty – Learn from nationally recognized faculty in the field of microelectronics and power engineering.
- Personalized Attention with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early- and Mid-Career Salary of any 4-year public institution in Idaho. – PayScale 2019
- 98% Graduate With a Job or are enrolled in additional education - 2016-2018 Career Services Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed - ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through paid graduate assistantships and programs, including Idaho Space Grant Consortium Fellowships, mentor-directed, career-related programs that contributes to NASA’s mission of exploration and discovery.
- Center for Secure and Dependable Systems (CSDS) – Collaborate in research dedicated to strengthening the nation’s cyber infrastructure and explore our computer science-based cybersecurity curriculum.