Ph.D. Computer Science
Advanced Computer Concepts
As a graduate student in this field, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the limitations and opportunities in the use of computers to solve problems. Work alongside faculty on leading research and explore high-level concepts in computational biology and more to prepare for your career in the field or in academia.
- Center for Secure and Dependable Systems (CSDS) – Collaborate in research dedicated to strengthening the nation’s cyber infrastructure and explore our computer science-based cybersecurity curriculum.
- Personalized Attention – Interact directly with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. Most faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early- and Mid-Career Salary – Graduate with the highest early-career salary of any 4-year public college in Idaho. You’re also more likely to graduate in 4-years. – PayScale 2019
- 98% Graduate With a Job or are enrolled in additional education. – 2016-2018 Career Services Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed - ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through paid graduate assistantships and programs, including Idaho Space Grant Consortium Fellowships, mentor-directed, career-related programs that contributes to NASA’s mission of exploration and discovery.