B.S. Computer Engineering
Computing for Tomorrow
Merge electrical engineering with computer science to build your future developing innovations in everything from medical equipment and automobiles to power grids and communication systems. Apply your broad-based knowledge and technical skills to develop computing technology for instrumentation, control, communication and power-conversion systems.
Work with the U.S. Navy designing autonomous submarines, fabricate microelectronics that could be used in the newest minicomputer, and spend summers at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- Cyber Security
- Computers and Microelectronics
- Communication Devices and Instruments
- Top 7 in the Nation – Hands-on experience through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program, recognized by the National Academy of Engineering (NAE) for "infusing real-world experiences into engineering education." – The National Academies Press
- Nationally Recognized Faculty – Learn from nationally recognized faculty in the field of power engineering.
- Personalized Attention – Interact directly with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early-Career Salary – Graduate with the highest early-career salary of any 4-year public college in Idaho. You’re also more likely to graduate in 4-years. – PayScale 2019
- More than $25M in Scholarships – U of I awards more scholarships than any 4-year public college in Idaho. – Oct. 26, 2018 News Release
- 98% Graduate With a Job or are enrolled in additional education. – 2016-2018 Career Services Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed – ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.
The Computer Engineering undergraduate degree program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.