B.S. Electrical Engineering
Applied Electrical Science
Ignite your spark for engineering in a program that teaches you to design and test electrical circuits and systems for many different types of applications. Explore solutions for the storage and transmission of power, study control systems in planes and much more, with special opportunities to work with the U.S. Navy.
- Power Conversion Equipment
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Power Systems Protection and Relaying
- Computers and Microelectronics
- Communication Devices and Instruments
- Automatic Control
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- Top 7 in the Nation for “infusing real-world experiences into engineering education” through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program – National Academy of Engineering
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- 91% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – Career Outcomes Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- More Scholarships Awarded than any 4-year public engineering college in Idaho. – 2019/20 Financial Aid Data
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.
The Electrical Engineering undergraduate degree program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.