B.S. Electrical Engineering
Applied Electrical Science
Ignite your spark for engineering in a program that teaches you to design and test electrical circuits and systems for many different types of applications. Explore solutions for the storage and transmission of power, study control systems in planes and much more, with special opportunities to work with the U.S. Navy.
- Power Conversion Equipment
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Power Systems Protection and Relaying
- Computers and Microelectronics
- Communication Devices and Instruments
- Automatic Control
- Idaho’s Best Value College – the only public college in Idaho to be ranked a best value college by Forbes, Money, U.S. News and World Report and The Princeton Review.
- Top 7 in the Nation for “infusing real-world experiences into engineering education” through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program – National Academy of Engineering
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early-Career Salary Earnings of any 4-year public college in Idaho for undergraduate degree recipients – Payscale
- More than $30M in Scholarships U of I awards more scholarships than any 4-year public college in Idaho. – 2019/20 Financial Aid Data
- 98% Graduate with a Job or are enrolled in graduate education – Career Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.
The Electrical Engineering undergraduate degree program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.