M.S. Electrical Engineering
Collaborative Electrical Science
Earn your advanced degree at of one of the nation’s premier centers for power engineering research, education and collaboration between industry and academia at the University of Idaho. Learn how to apply your knowledge in the field to develop complex electrical solutions for computers, power conversion and more.
Areas of emphasis include: Very large scale integrated (VLSI) circuits, supercomputing, microwaves, communication systems, integrated circuit design, electromagnetics, control systems, signal analysis, network synthesis, digital systems design, and electric power systems.
Earn This Degree Online
This program may be completed part-time or online through Engineering Outreach, our college’s distance education department.
- Internationally Recognized Faculty in Power Engineering – Learn from Idaho’s only Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Endowed Chair in Power Engineering and participate in groundbreaking projects related to power systems and cybersecurity.
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- 91% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – Career Outcomes Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.