Mohamed Hefeida, Ph.D.
Mohamed Hefeida, Ph.D.
Clinical Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive, MS 1023
Moscow, ID 83844-1023
- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois — Chicago, 2013
- M.Sc., Electronics and Communications Engineering, Arab Academy for Science and Technology, 2006
- B.Sc., Electronics and Communications Engineering, Arab Academy for Science and Technology, 2004
- Wireless Sensor Networks and Applications
- Medium Access Control
- Cross-Layer Design and Optimization
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Applications
- Context-Aware Communication
- Data Collection and Processing
Mohamed Hefeida is a clinical assistant professor with the ECE department. He received his bachelor's and master's degrees in electronics and communications engineering with highest honors from the Arab Academy for Science and Technology in 2004 and 2006, respectively. He earned his doctorate in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Illinois at Chicago in 2013, where he also worked as a visiting assistant professor for one year. Before joining the ECE department at the University of Idaho, Hefeida was an assistant professor of electrical engineering with the American University of the Middle East in Kuwait, where he also served as an interim chair of the computer engineering department. His research interests span a wide spectrum of networking and communication techniques, with particular interest in Wireless Sensor Networks, Internet of Things (IoT), Cross-Layer Design, and Data Collection & Processing.
- CL-MAC: A cross-layer MAC protocol for heterogeneous wireless sensor networks MS Hefeida, T Canli, A Khokhar
- Cross-layer protocols for WSNs: A simple design and simulation paradigm
M Hefeida, M Shen, A Kshemkalyani, A Khokhar
Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), 2012 8th ...
- BulkMAC: a cross-layer based MAC protocol for wireless sensor networks
T Canli, M Hefeida, A Khokhar
Proceedings of the 6th International Wireless Communications and Mobile ...
- Context modeling in collaborative sensor network applications
M Hefeida, T Canli, A Kshemkalyani, A Khokhar
Collaboration Technologies and Systems (CTS), 2011 International Conference ...
Ad Hoc Networks 11 (1), 213-225
- AUM Research Grant: Awarded AY 2015-2016 & 2016-2017.
- AUM Faculty Teaching Award: AY 2015-2016 (Nominated).
- AUM Faculty Service Award: AY 2015-2016 (Nominated).
- IET Present Around The World (Europe, Middle-East, and Africa Winner Mentor), London, UK, November 2015.
- “Medium Access and Data Collection in Sensor Networks", International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems, Minneapolis, MN. May 2014. (Invited)
- Cross-Layer Data Gathering in Wireless Sensor Networks", Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston, MA. February 2014. (Invited)
- “Cross-Layer Design in WSNs", The Graduate Student Organization in the ECE department, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL. November 2013. (Invited)
- Dean's Scholar Award: In recognition of scholarly achievement, University of Illinois at Chicago, April 2013, rejected.
- Collaborative Cross-Layer Design in WSNs", The Applied Research Laboratory at The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA. March 2013. (Invited)