Michael Maughan, Ph.D., P.E.
Michael Maughan, Ph.D.
Engineering Physics Building 324H
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive, MS 0902
Moscow, Idaho 83844-0902
- Ph.D., Purdue University, 2015
- M.S. University of Idaho, 2007
- B.S., University of Idaho, 2005
- Micromechanics of Materials
- Defect Behavior in Crystalline Materials
- Product Design and Development
- Additive Manufacturing and Material Property Manipulation
- M.R. Maughan, J.C. Perry, “Student performance improvement from a student-graded-logbook exercise” ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, (2016)
- M.R. Maughan, D.F. Bahr, “Discontinuous yield behaviors under various pre-strain conditions in metals with different crystal structures” Mater. Res. Lett., (2016) DOI: 10.1080/21663831.2015.1121166
- M.R. Maughan, M.T. Carvajal, D.F. Bahr, “Nanomechanical testing technique for millimeter-sized and smaller molecular crystals” Int. J. Pharmaceutics, Vol 486 pp.324-330 (2015) DOI: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2015.03.062
- H. Askari, M.R. Maughan, N. Abdolrahim, D. Sagapuram, D.F. Bahr, H.A. Zbib, “A stochastic crystal plasticity framework for deformation of micro-scale polycrystalline materials” Int. J. Plasticity, Vol 16. pp.21-33 (2015).
- M.R. Maughan and D.F. Bahr: “Dislocation activity under nanoscale contacts prior to discontinuous yield.” Mater. Res. Lett. DOI: 10.1080/21663831.2014.961663 (2014).
- M.R. Maughan, H.M. Zbib, and D.F. Bahr: “Variation in the nanoindentation hardness of platinum.” J. Mater. Res., Vol. 28, No. 0 (2013).
- M.R. Maughan, R.R. Stephens, D.M. Blackketter, and K.K. Rink. “Thermal stresses in bridge-wire initiators due to laser welding.” J. Electron. Packaging, Vol 131. (2009).
- L.M. Thompson, M.R. Maughan, K.K. Rink, D.M. Blackketter, and R.R. Stephens: “Thermal induced stresses in bridge-wire initiator glass to metal seals.” J. Electron. Packaging, Vol 129. (2007).