EXPO Sponsors & Partners
The University of Idaho College of Engineering thanks all of our corporate and academic sponsors for their generous support of the annual Engineering Design EXPO. We value and appreciate your participation and continued commitment to engineering education!
Gifts to the 2021 Virtual and In-Person EXPO supported:
- More than 200 senior engineering students presented their capstone project in-person during a socially distanced and masked event.
- 400 attended virtual technical presentations, including 65 volunteer judges.
- More than 5,000 users across the world visited the EXPO website to browse student projects remotely and participate in the EXPO Extended Experience for high school and community college students.
- More than 300 hands-on activity boxes were distributed free of charge to schools across Idaho and Washington to help teachers walk their students through STEM activities, including how to build a self-propelled mousetrap car and how to design a water filtration system.
- More than 2,000 visited the New Extended Experience web portal to engage in hands-on activities, explore capstone projects remotely and meet current students, faculty and staff. Of those visitors, 84% had never visited a U of I website before.
- 74% of our Extended Experience participants were from rural schools and underrepresented populations.
- 53% indicated they were more likely to pursue engineering after completing experience activities.
- 50% indicated they were more likely to apply to U of I after completing experience activities.
Executive Director of Advancement
"Planning Engineering Design EXPO is a yearlong activity. To explore future opportunities to support the University of Idaho’s Engineering Design EXPO contact me today!"