Women in Engineering Explore for 9th - 10th Grade Women
March 6, 2020
Learn more about engineering, science, technology, math and college life during Women in Engineering Explore (WIE Explore):
- Design and build cool projects
- Meet female engineering students
- Explore engineering laboratories on campus
- Learn about college life from U of I students
Lunch and snacks provided. Travel scholarships are available.
This event is held in partnership with the University of Idaho Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Deadline to Register is Sunday, March 1, 2020.
|7:30 – 8 a.m.||Check-in to Event||ISUB Whitewater|
|8 – 8:15 a.m.||Introduction to WIE-Explore and the U of I College of Engineering||ISUB Whitewater|
|8:15 – 9:15 a.m.||Engineering Discipline Exploration & Poster Presentation||Gauss Johnson Bldg. Rm. 108|
|9:15 – 9:30 a.m.||Break/Transition||ISUB Whitewater|
|9:30 – 9:45 a.m.||Scavenger Hunt Introduction||Location TBD|
|9:45– 10:45 a.m.||Scavenger Hunt||Engineering|
|10:45 – 11:30 a.m.||Lunch||ISUB Food Court|
|11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.||Speaker: Bret Moffett, CEO and President of POWER Engineers||ISUB Whitewater|
|12:15 – 12:30 p.m.||Break||ISUB|
|12:30 – 1:30 p.m.||Engineering Activity #1-2||ISUB Whitewater|
|1:30 – 2:30 p.m.||Engineering Activity #3-4||ISUB Whitewater|
|2:30 – 2:45 p.m.||Closing Remarks||ISUB Whitewater|
- 13% OF ENGINEERS ARE WOMEN. The University of Idaho is committed to changing that statistic.
- MORE THAN 250 WOMEN attend Women in Engineering events each year
- 76% OF STUDENTS say they could envision themselves studying engineering in college after attending a Women in Engineering Event
Request updates for Women in Engineering events by emailing Marie Wagner, Student Services Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Women in Engineering Day for 11th and 12th Graders
Save the date: Oct. 2020
Attend this one-day workshop to introduce students to academic and career options in engineering and computer science. Open to women in 11th and 12th grades.
This event is made possible by the generous support
of the following organization: