Ph.D. Materials Science & Engineering
NOTICE: The Materials Science & Engineering program for undergraduates and graduate students is no longer being offered.
Advanced Materials Science
Gain the advanced knowledge you need to address some of today’s most complicated industry problems in materials science and engineering. This program offers a mix of theoretical study and practical experiments in a variety of areas and allows you to contribute to current research with faculty of diverse expertise.
Areas of Emphasis
- Nuclear materials
- Metallurgical engineering
- Electrochemistry, corrosion and material degradation
- Multiscale materials modeling
- Polymers and soft matter systems
- Additive manufacturing
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- 91% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – Career Outcomes Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.