M.Engr. Nuclear Engineering
Harnessing Nuclear Potential
This program provides the technical education and quality research experiences you need to meet the wide demand for qualified nuclear engineers and scientists. Areas of specialization include nuclear fuel processing, materials, radioactive waste treatment and management, thermal behavior and measurement, nuclear systems design and modeling, and applications of nuclear process heat.
- Industry Experience – unique opportunities to work with leading researchers at the Idaho National Laboratory (INL).
- Location – this program is offered at the University of Idaho, Idaho Falls
- Personalized Attention with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early- and Mid-Career Salary of any 4-year public institution in Idaho. – PayScale 2019
- 98% Graduate With a Job or are enrolled in additional education - 2016-2018 Career Services Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed – ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through paid graduate assistantships and programs, including Idaho Space Grant Consortium Fellowships, mentor-directed, career-related programs that contributes to NASA’s mission of exploration and discovery.