Cyber Defense Club
Club Purpose & Goals
Cyber Defense Club (CDC@UI) is looking for students who enjoy solving challenging problems or taking things apart to figure out how they work. CDC@UI is interested in learning about computers and cyber security – topics range from solving cryptographic puzzles to securely configuring a system to lockpicking. Ethics are emphasized, and the intent of their projects is to gain a thorough understanding.
CDC@UI travels to cyber defense competitions, such as PRCCDC (Pacific Regional Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition) where they placed 2nd in 2017. Other activities include sharing knowledge and Capture The Flag (CTF) competitions that involve hacking-based challenges.
TBD due to COVID-19
- September - NSA Code Breaker
- March - Cyber Fast Track Competition
- March - Pacific Rim Regional Cyber Defense Competition
- April - National Cyber League Competition
Who can Join?
While most of us are studying CS, Computer Engineering, or mathematics, there is no requirement that your major be one of those three. We accept anyone who is curious, ethical, and cares enough to show up to meetings.
How to Join?
Contact club president Taegan Williams (email@example.com).
- 2019 — 12th at PRCCDC competition
- 2018 — 5th at PRCCDC competition
- 2017 — 2nd at PRCCDC competition