October 14, 2017
At Envision, you’ll have the chance to explore campus, learn about student life and discover signature research and learning programs at UI.
Here are some examples of what you can do at the event:
Tour world-class learning environments.
Explore research labs, art and design studios, performance halls and more. For starters:
- College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) – Explore your future in agricultural and life sciences with hands-on classroom activities. UI offers a broad spectrum of programs that address some of the most complex challenges we face as a society.
- College of Art and Architecture – See student projects from beginning to advanced design. Visit where student ideas come to life in intimate, open studio settings.
- College of Business and Economics – Participate in the College of Business and Economics’ in-depth student panel, where you can ask questions and learn about our award-winning faculty and innovative, hands-on entrepreneurial programs that can help prepare you for success in a globally competitive world.
- College of Education, Health and Human Sciences – At our “Technology in Education” presentation, you’ll learn about trends in technology integration and how they are affecting our classrooms here on campus and in K-12 classrooms statewide.
- College of Engineering – Forget stuffy lecture halls. You’ll explore labs in the College of Engineering where innovative, hands-on student research happens. Discover why we’re among the leading engineering programs in the Northwest and gain a new appreciation for how engineers design, build and test a variety of technologies, machines and processes that have a direct impact on your life.
- College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS) –
- Hartung Theater Tour – Take a rare behind-the-scenes tour of the home to UI Department of Theatre Arts. Walk on the stage and imagine performing to a full house, visit the fully equipped shop, and get a glimpse of what happens behind the curtain of every show.
- Psychology Lab Tour – Explore the science of psychology and see the work being done with virtual reality through a tour of labs in the Department of Psychology and Communication Studies.
- Radio/TV Center – Tour the KUID-TV studio and production control room as you learn about careers in radio, television, film and digital media.
- College of Natural Resources – See “How Senses Shape Choices of Living Creatures,” where you’ll explore how various species navigate and experience their environment through a series of sensory activities.
- College of Science – Experience “The Chemistry of Archaeology” and learn how chemical detective work is used to analyze artifacts from archaeological digs.
- Honors Program Scholars Living and Learning Community (Scholars LLC) – Stop by the Honors Scholars LLC house for the chance to mingle with current students and the program director. You’ll discover the benefits of being in the program, and how you can apply.
- University of Idaho Library – Discover why the library was voted students’ favorite place to study. See our casual cafe, cool labs, private and group study spaces — plus meet our friendly, helpful staff.
Experience Vandal Game Day.
As part of Envision Idaho, you and your family can attend a Vandal football game, on us. Enjoy live music, barbecue lunch and appearances by the UI Marching Band and Joe Vandal at the Idaho Fan Zone pregame event.
Explore a field that interests you.
Meet faculty, tour facilities, discover unique learning opportunities, explore majors and learn about careers in a discipline from business to art to science that interests you. Tour world-class environments and explore research labs, art and design studios, performance halls and more.
Attend informative workshops.
Interact with experts and current students for tips about financial aid, study abroad, support services and other popular topics.
Check out Envision photos on Instagram.