4-H Ambassador Events
The Ambassador program mission — 4-H Ambassadors are youth leaders who promote 4-H using their skills, knowledge and leadership abilities. 4-H Ambassador strengthens 4-H through education, recruitment and public relations.
We recognize knowledgeable and prepared older 4-H members as the best spokespersons for 4-H. The public and key people see, hear and appreciate the success of youth members doing excellent work. Nothing supports 4-H Youth development better than this visibility.
District 4-H Ambassador Retreats are geared for younger teens (seventh grade or older). Workshops focus on life skills with a yearly theme (Head, Heart, Hands or Health).
- Northern District — To Be Announced
- Eastern District — Feb. 26-27, 2021, Archer Old School Inn, Archer
- Southern District — Feb. 26-28, 2021, Quaker Hill, McCall
- Central District — March 12-14, 2021, Albion Campus Retreat, Albion
The 2020 Ambassador Summit has been postponed to Nov. 12-14, 2021 at YMCA Camp at Horse Thief https://ycampidaho.org, Cascade, ID.
At the Summit youth:
- Become empowered with skills to lead for a lifetime
- Become part of a strong network of 4-H peers across Idaho
- Become a National 4-H Youth Voice, Health or International Opportunity advocate
- 2021 Ambassador Summit (PDF)
- Registration open in 4-H Online Oct. 5-Nov.5
- Open to youth 14 years or older who have attended at least one District Ambassador Retreat
- Youth rate — $125 including transportation
- Adult chaperone rate — $50 including transportation
- Scholarships may be available, contact your local 4-H office
For more information please contact Donna R. Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact
Regional Youth Development Educator
Evergreen Building, Room B61