Applying to Serve with Idaho's 4-H Positive Youth Development AmeriCorps
Two types of positions are available with our program Idaho's 4-H Positive Youth Development AmeriCorps:
- 4-H Volunteer Coordinator
- 4-H Youth Development Instructor
There are two ways to apply and serve:
- Apply through a local site or by personal invitation
- Apply through my.americorps.gov portal
Applying through a local site or personal invitation
If you applied outside of my.americorps.gov through a local contact or host-site application process and have been offered a position, you will receive an invitation to our program Idaho's 4-H Positive Youth Development AmeriCorps.
- Invitation will be sent to the email address provided during the application process.
- Accept the invitation within 48 hours and complete your enrollment information.
- Create a my.americorps.gov profile.
- Provide legible copies of your driver's license, social security card and birth certificate to the site supervisor to begin the citizenship verification and criminal history check process.
Applying Through the Portal
- Navigate to my.americorps.gov click on "Apply to Serve."
- Create a profile following the instructions found in "Help."
- From my.americorps.gov page go to "Applicant Home."
- Click on "Applications" and fill out the full application. Read the online help prior to completing the application.
- Click on "References" and provide at least two references.
- Once complete search for the Idaho 4-H Positive Youth Development AmeriCorps program.
- In "Applicant Home" go to "Search Listings."
- Program Type — AmeriCorps State/National.
- State — Idaho.
- A list of opportunities for Idaho will populate. Select either 4-H Volunteer Coordinator or 4-H Youth Development Instructor in the location you wish to serve.
- You may apply now to the correct Idaho 4-H Positive Youth Development AmeriCorps host site.
- You should receive a response to your My AmeriCorps application. You must respond to the offer in My AmeriCorps.
- If offered an interview, meet with the site supervisor.
- If a position has been offered/accepted provide legible copies of a valid driver's license, social security card and birth certificate to the site supervisor to initiate citizenship verification and background check process.
- 2020-21 Fact Sheet FAQ (PDF)
- 2020-21 Timeline (PDF)
- 2020 Summer AmeriCorps Position Announcement (PDF)
- AmeriCorps SeniorCorps Branding Guidelines (PDF)
- I-9 Authorized Reps (PDF)
- Host Site Application Fact Sheet and Instructions (PDF)
- 2019 AmeriCorps Site Agreement (PDF)
- Member Recruitment Instructions and Checklist (PDF)
- Idaho 4-H Positive Youth Development AmeriCorps Application (PDF)
- AmeriCorps Applicant Interview Form (WORD)
- Member Offer Letter Template (WORD)
- Member Gear Order Form (WORD)