About University of Idaho Extension 4-H Robotics
The Vision of UI Extension 4-H Robotics is for all Idaho youth to have opportunities to experience the excitement of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) by taking on real-world challenges through high-quality, age-appropriate activities.
To promote, support and manage a K–12 continuum of interconnected programs that engage Idaho students in authentic, meaningful and high quality STEM activities. UI Extension 4-H Robotics pursues this mission through developmentally-appropriate programs including:
Non-Competitive 4-H Programs
- Junk Drawer Robotics (Levels 1-3)
- Computer Science and Coding with Scratch (Levels 1-3)
- LEGO EV3 Robotics
- National Youth Science day Activities
Competitive FIRST Robotics Programs
- FIRST LEGO League Jr
- FIRST LEGO League
- FIRST Tech Challenge
- Increase the number of Idaho students in the STEM Pipeline
- Increase the number of Idaho students who pursue higher education in Science and Engineering fields
- Help Idaho students develop critical life skills, including communication, collaboration, planning, organizing, time management, problem solving, and social skills.
- Increase Idaho students’ knowledge and skills in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
FIRST®, FIRST® Robotics Competition, FRC®, FIRST® Tech Challenge, and FTC®, are registered trademarks of FIRST® (www.firstinspires.org). © 2010 The United States Foundation for Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST®). Used by special permission. All rights reserved.