Starting a FIRST® LEGO® League Team
Starting a FIRST LEGO League Team
Starting a new FIRST LEGO League team is a rewarding experience for team members and coaches alike. Below is an outline of the process, along with some documents to help you decide if starting a FIRST LEGO League team is right for you.
- Learn more about FIRST LEGO League by visiting www.firstinspires.org/robotics/fll.
- Review the Idaho FIRST LEGO League FAQ (PDF) and Sample Team Budget (PDF). These two documents will answer many questions you may have about how FIRST LEGO League works in our region.
- Identify at least two adults to serve as team coaches. All FIRST coaches in Idaho are required to undergo a background check in accordance with FIRST and 4-H youth protection policies. Each coach should create an account at www.firstinspires.org and submit their background screening information as early in the process as possible.
- Recruit team members! Teams consist of at least two, but not more than 10 youth ages 9-14.
- Register and pay for your team's national registration through your FIRST dashboard. Team registration includes the Challenge Set (robot game field models). You can also order your LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Robot Kit through the FIRST storefront at this time.
Remember, if you have questions at any time during the process do not hesitate to contact our office. We're here to help!