FIRST® LEGO® League Team Resources
FIRST LEGO League Team Resources
Below are links to some external sources of information on coaching and managing teams, building FIRST LEGO League robots, and programming both EV3 and NXT robots. If you're looking for information regarding participation rules, current season information or events please contact Robin Baumgartner.
Coaching and Team Management Resources
- FIRST LEGO League FIRST Steps: A free, downloadable guide to coaching your rookie season (you will be asked to provide your email address for the download).
- FLLTutorials.com: A spin-off site of the EV3Lessons.com resource below. Lots of information to help prepare your team for competition as well as robot design ideas and tips.
- RoboPlex: Scroll through their archive of regional presentations and handouts to find tons of information on coaching, building, programming and preparing for competition.
- LA Robotics: Coach tips and resources. Books, practice table recommendations, call-ins, slides and links.
- Ortop: Our neighbors in Oregon have made available for download all of the presentation slides and handouts from their new coach training workshops.
Building and Programming Resources and Tutorials
- LEGO Education EV3 Lessons: Straight from the source — lots of lessons and challenges. Designed for teachers, but available to everyone.
- EV3Lessons.com: Founded and maintained by Not the Droids You Are Looking For, a World Festival Champions' Award-winning FLL team. Contains lessons, challenges, robot designs and more.
- LEGO Engineering: Programming and building guides.
- Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy: Great programming courses for EV3 and NXT systems.
- STEMcentric: Online tutorials for EV3, NXT and RCX systems.
- FLLcasts.com: Good video tutorials here but some require a paid subscription to access.