Choose Health: Food, Fun and Fitness
Choose Health leads fourth-eighth graders through six engaging lessons that include a movement activity, nutritional content and healthy snack preparation.
Lessons cover these topics:
- Drink Low-fat Milk and Water and Reduce Sugar Sweetened Beverages
- Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
- Reading Nutrition Fact Labels
- Make Half Your Grains Whole
- Healthier Foods Fast
- Power UP Your Day — Eat Breakfast
Additional resources include a parent newsletter for each lesson and all handouts for teaching. Choose Health is research-based and youth tested.
Some counties have more requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or UI Extension county office to check.