Each year UI Extension, Ada County offers horticulture workshops and classes based on interest and availability.
Fruit Selection and Production
Essie Fallahi, Ph.D., will discuss fruit varietals suitable for Idaho. Presentation includes tree fruits, small fruits and grapes, followed by Q&A. This webinar is free. Individuals will need to complete the Zoom registration to receive the webinar link.
- Monday, May 17, 2021 from 10 a.m. to noon
- Presented by Essie Fallahi, Professor of Fruit Crop Physiology
- Additional questions contact UI Extension Canyon County at 208-459-6003
Herbs, Some of Our Favorites
Tried and true tips for growing basil, oregano, rosemary and lavender. Learn how to plant and nurture these herbs, as well as information on their culinary and medicinal uses. How these herbs are used to attract beneficial insects, when to harvest and various ways to preserve these herbs will also be discussed.
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.
- Register for the class through the Garden City Library
- Presented by Hatasu Tankersley, Ann Marie Schram, Master Composters and Advanced Master Gardeners (University of Idaho Extension, Ada County)
- Helpful, environment-friendly information on how to use yard waste
- Hands-on composting experience
- Opportunity to be certified as a master composter
Classes offered in the fall. If you're interested in the Composting Workshops, please review our composting brochure and check with UI Extension, Ada County for specific dates and times.
Easy Composting Workshop
Time and Date: Pending. Look for it in the fall 2021
Where: University of Idaho Extension, Ada County — 5880 N Glenwood St., Boise
To express interest, please submit Easy Composting Registration Form (PDF) to our office.
Through teaching and community service, Master Composters become leaders and educators on backyard solid-waste management in their communities.
Participants completing the three sessions of composting workshops and the required practicum hours are certified as Master Composters.
- 3 composting workshops
- 20 hours of hands-on practicum