Agriculture & Natural Resources
The One Sky One Earth Farmer's Market was established in 2012 through the University of Idaho Extension, Coeur d' Alene Reservation office in partnership with the One Sky One Earth Food Coalition. The vision of the farmer’s market is: Healthy Food + Healthy People = Thriving Community (pdf).
- The farmer's market runs June-Sept. on Thursdays from 4-7 p.m. in Plummer on US-95, adjacent to the Gateway Café.
- Contact UI Extension at 208-686-1716 for more information or to become a vendor.
- Vendor fee: $25 per season or $5 per day.
- Products featured at the market include home-grown produce, handmade crafts and other goods.
- FREE food preserving and basic gardening workshops are offered.
- Community gardens in DeSmet, Plummer and Worley are maintained by community member volunteers.
Welcome to our new community partner, Qhest Life, which means "The Good Life" in the Coeur d' Alene language.
Water Potato Week "Sqigwts Ha'chesetq'it" and Water Awareness Week "ul sitkwe"
Water Potato Week is recognized and celebrated the third week of Oct. Water Awareness Week is recognized and celebrated the first week of May.
Both events include outreach to local schools for STEM education held on the Coeur d' Alene Reservation on topics such as native foods and plants, fish, water quality issues, traditional tools, beaver: nature's engineer, aquatic invasive species, cultural and language activities and more.