Market Animal Sale Committee
There are three ways to support our youth at the Custer County 4-H & FFA Market Animal Sale (MAS):
1) Purchase an Animal
Once you fill this out, you will be assigned a bidder number to use during the sale. This form will also be available on the Fairgrounds on sale day.
2) Join a Buyer Pool
If you don’t feel you can buy an animal entirely on your own, we accept donations for a buyer pool. We pool all these donations to purchase the “blue sky” (difference between purchase price and floor price) on individual animals. The MAS Committee will identify someone to “buy” the animals on behalf of the buyer pool and you will be recognized as a buyer. These animals will be placed on the “re-sale” list and sent to the floor buyer.
Fill out the “buyer pool” section of the buyer registration sheet (pdf) (signature required).
3) Add On Money to a 4-H or FFA Member’s Project
If you want to help certain youth, add-ons are accepted on 4-H & FFA members that qualify for the MAS. You must fill out a buyer/add-on supporter registration sheet (signature required), along with the add-on form.
- Buyer/add-on supporter registration sheet and DRAFT add-on sheet (pdf). Please make sure you sign the bottom of the registration sheet!
- Buyer/add-on supporter registration sheet and FINAL add-on sheet (PDF link). Please make sure you sign the bottom of the registration sheet!
The mission of the Custer County 4-H & FFA Market Animal Sale Committee is to plan, coordinate and conduct the market animal sale under the supervision of UI Extension faculty and FFA advisors in a manner that:
- Supports the mission of the 4-H and FFA program goals of helping youth acquire knowledge, develop life skills and form attitudes that will enable them to become contributing members of society
- Represents UI Extension and FFA programs in a positive manner
- Exhibits good financial stewardship