Agriculture and Cropping Systems
Soil health, water quality and crop productivity are major concerns to those feeding the world. University of Idaho Extension programs support small grains and alternative crops. These are key to the economy of Nez Perce County and north central Idaho.
- Thursday, June 27 — 8:30 a.m.
- Nez Perce County Fairgrounds — 1229 Burrell Avenue, Lewiston, Idaho
- Reserve Your Spot by June 19
Small Grain and Legumes
- North Idaho Cereals Programs
- Brassica Breeding and Research
- Legume Virus Project Aphid Tracker
- Regional Approaches to Climate Change for Pacific Northwest Agriculture (REACCH)
- Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences
Pests and Pesticides
University of Idaho educates applicators on pesticides and their alternatives. UI Extension promotes the safety of users, the public and the environment.
- Pesticide Applicator Training and Testing
- University of Idaho Integrated Pest Management Center
- Idaho State Department of Agriculture Pesticide Licensing and Certification
- University of Idaho Weed Resource
- Idaho Weed Awareness Campaign
- USDA-ARS Stripe Rust Alert
Presentation & Handout Archive
Upcoming classes, workshops and seminars are listed on our Calendar, News & Events page.
North Idaho Cereal Schools - Lewiston
- Idaho Barley Commission Update (slides by Kelly Olson, IBC) (PDF)
- Economic Update for 2016-2017 (slides by Kate Painter, UI Extension/Boundary County) (PDF)
- Canola Pest Control (slides by Jim Davis, UI support scientist) (PDF)
- Variety Trial Results and Cropping Year Challenges (slides by Kurt Schroeder, UI Cropping Systems Agronomist) (PDF)
- Dietary Benefits and Misconceptions of Wheat Consumption (slides by Samantha Ramsay, UI Foods and Nutrition) (PDF)
Procrastinator’s Clinic, Lewiston, ID 2016
- Managing Acidic Soils: Herbicide and Fertility Strategies for Farm and Garden (slides by Doug Finkelnburg) (PDF)
- Water Quality and Pesticide Performance (slides by Ronda Hirnyk, UI/IPM Coordinator) (PDF)
- Pesticide Stewardship (slides by Sherman Takatori, ISDA) (PDF)
North Idaho Forage School, Sandpoint, ID 2016
- North Idaho Alfalfa Variety Trials Presentation (slides by Doug Finkelnburg) (PDF)
- North Idaho Alfalfa Variety Trial Entry List (handouts) (PDF)
- North Idaho Alfalfa Variety Trial Results (handouts) (PDF)
Falling Numbers Update 2016
Ventenata Update, Potlatch 2015
For more information contact
Area Extension Educator, Cropping Systems
Partners in Agriculture
University of Idaho research and Extension funding comes from federal and state sources, plus grants from public and private companies.